Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Toyota Sienna Door Handle replacement, Driver's Door

My Toyota Sienna Driver's Door Handle replacement.






How to replace my Toyota Sienna's Door Handle. Broken Toyota Sienna Door Handle on the Driver's Door.



Remove the Toyota Sienna Driver's Inside Door Panel.



Unclip the Toyota Sienna Door panel electric connectors for the Toyota Sienna power windows and locks panel and the Toyota Sienna Door courtesey light.


To remove my Broken Toyota Sienna Door Handle I accessed the 10mm bolt from behind the inside door panel and accessed the 10mm bolt behind the black cap aft of the door.

Take care not to break the Toyota Sienna Door Latch Pull Rod clips that attached to the Broken Toyota Sienna Door Handle. Remove them by unhugging the clips then rotate.
Remove the Toyota Sienna Door lock mehcanism from the Broken Toyota Sienna Door Handle by removing the 10mm bolt. Fasten the Toyota Sienna Door lock mehcanism  to the new Toyota Sienna Driver's Door Handle
Re-attach the Toyota Sienna Door Latch Pull Rods to the new toyota Sienna Door HAndle.  
install the  new Toyota Sienna Driver's Door Handle using existing 10mm bolts
 reconnect the Toyota Sienna Door panel electric connectors for the Toyota Sienna power windows and locks panel and the Toyota Sienna Door courtesey light.

I Replaced the Toyota Sienna Inside Door panel And I Was done

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing an easy step-by-step process in replacing a Sienna door handle. I'm sure this post will help a lot of people. How is your car now, by the way? Have you experienced more problems after the repair? Sienna is a great car to have because it's both practical and economical. Glad you had the door handle repaired!

    Arlyne Nelms @ SpartanToyota.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt have good luck replacing mine so far. I broke 2 replacements (Dorman) trying to install. The problem is after hooking the rods to the new handle, trying to get it back into the hole. Hole in door seems to small for the metal latching mechanism to fit through. The metal latch/ unlatch mechanism just seems too big. The thin metal holding the latch clip ( hole) is fragile and ends up breaking. Also the latch/ unlatch rod keeps slipping off the plastic sliding mechanism inside the door while trying to fit through. I dont know if some replacement brands are a more precise match to the original.
    I had no problem whatsoever replacing the sliding door handle but the drivers side handle seems almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog..! I like your every post. They always give me some new knowledge.Thanks for sharing useful information with us. I really congratulate the writer for creating such an impressive blog post.Keep blogging. Find the best Quality Door Locks in Dubai

    ReplyDelete